99 Cents Only Stores Customer Care Review from Carmichael, California

4 of 22 99 Cents Only Stores reviews

Update added by user Apr 15

I don't know how or if I can edit this, but I noticed it said Walgreens twice, when it should've said Walmart & Walgreens. Sometimes I forget to pay attention to that darn autocorrect

Original review posted by user Apr 15

I last went to store 239 on 4-1-2016 @3:32pm.I had already been shopping at Walgreens & Walgreens so I was carrying other bags.

I bought 13 more items & then went to use the bathroom which I have done many times since I always walk there & live almost 2 miles away. One of the employees followed me into the bathroom & saw all my bags. She had the security guard stop me & accuse me of shoplifting in front of everyone. I said I had receipts for everything & was getting my receipts to prove it.

He took me all the way to the back of the storeroom & I had to untie all my bags of stuff I bought from Walmart & Walgreens & show him I pd for every item in my bag of stuff I just bought. I'm on disability & I had just got pd, so I usually pick up my meds & stop by the 99¢ store every month, so I know they have seen me always carrying bags & use the bathroom before I start walking hm. I always notice thus Hispanic girl following me around like I'm some sort of thief & stereotyping me just because I have other bags with me she assumes I'm going to steal when I have NEVER done so in the 10 years I've lived here! I wish I had gotten her name, but I'm sure the security guard would remember the incident.

It was 4/1,so too bad no one popped out & said April's Fool, but that store is one of the worst I've seen compared to others & has horrible people like that girl making ppl not want to shop there.

I'm not the only person that thinks that store is ghetto looking, but I guess that explains the girl.I only go there because it's rt next to my pharmacy, but if I could drive, I would definitely go to the one on Fair Oaks & Marconi which is much clearer & friendlier.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Employee Experience Accusation Discrimination
Review category
Professional Services
review #830355 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with 99 Cents Only Stores? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 22 99 Cents Only Stores reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 04 #1194752 Upland, California, United States

You think service is bad? You should see the way they handle their products. Maggots are not a rare thing to see in their warehouses. I've worked there. Their working conditions are unsafe to the point that there's an employee injury almost every day. Most of them don't get reported because of retaliation. And harassment in the workplace? it's okay...it's permitted.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.